Wednesday, June 23, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza


I never had homemade pizza until I started dating Aaron and went over to his house for dinner. My mother-in-law is a homemade pizza pro so I was instantly hooked. It has been a great meal to make together these first couple of years of marriage but it seemed like we were ready for a new challenge. Since we both love Barbecue Chicken pizza from restaurants I figured we could give it a shot at home. It turned out so well I can't wait to make it again.

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Ingredients

Ball of pizza dough(we used Meijer brand found by the bread in the freezer aisle)
Bottle of barbecue sauce
1-2 grilled chicken breasts seasoned with barbecue sauce, diced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
8 ounces of mozzarella cheese (we used slices of fresh mozzarella but you can use shredded as well)
1/4 lb. of cooked bacon, crumbled

Prepare pizza dough as directed on package. Spread dough with an even layer of barbecue sauce. Place diced chicken, onion, and bacon over sauce layer and cover with a layer of mozzerella cheese. Bake in a 450 degree over for 10-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!


Aaron gave this meal a solid thumbs up!

No comments: