Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pineapple Chicken Salad


I just made this salad for the second time in a week, and I thought that this was definitely a must to share! I credit this recipe to Matt's mom and family! It is a light and sweet pasta salad with chicken, celery, pineapple, and toasted almonds. It is a perfect one dish meal on a summer day, and with our family, it doesn't last for long!

At first, I wasn't crazy about this salad because of the Miracle Whip, but it has grown on me so much that now I love it. This isn't the salad for those who don't like Mayo or Miracle Whip (like Cat's husband!) but for the rest of us, I recommend giving it a try!

Pineapple Chicken Salad
2-3 cooked and diced chicken breasts (no seasoning necessary, maybe a dash of S&P)
1 cup diced celery
1 can drained pineapple chunks
half a box of cooked shell macaroni

Mix and add to above:
1 cup light Miracle Whip
1 container light Cool Whip

Sprinkle
on 1/2 cup slivered almonds (I buy them in bulk and toast them dry in a pan before I cook the chicken).

Refrigerate and enjoy! It is easy to double the recipe if you are making it for a large group.

1 comment:

Tom and Jeanne Snyder said...

This recipe came to me by way of Cousin Beth Mohr...I love it and it reminds me of her. She is dearly missed by our family...I wish you could have known her!