Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chicken, Cheddar, and Apple Wraps

I was excited to get my first bag of Michigan Paul Red apples for the season. As much as I love summer, I really enjoy fall foods, including anything with apples. I made Melissa D'Arabian's four-step chicken the night before and cooked an extra chicken breast without the sauce. The next day, preparing these wraps for dinner was so easy! The combination of cheddar and apples is amazing, and the honey and Dijon mustard sauce pairs it perfectly.

Chicken, Cheddar, and Apple Wraps

5 t. Dijon mustard
1 T. honey
handful of chopped romaine lettuce
12 slices of reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. sliced cooked chicken breast
1 apple, peeled and cut into thin slices (the cookbook suggests Granny smith)
4 large flour tortillas
dash of salt
dash of pepper

1. Combine the mustard and honey in a bowl.

2. Layer the lettuce, cheese, chicken, and apple slices on each tortilla. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the mustard mixture. Roll them up and enjoy!


*Adapted from Weight Watchers My Turnaround Cookbook.

No comments: